Ever been in a situation at a live sound recording session where you don’t have enough samples to maximize creativity and variety? Then worry no longer as BigSwingFace recently introduced the BSF Tenor Trombone, the first in a line of big-band horn sample libraries for the Native Instruments Kontakt 5. This tool will help bring more life to performances, giving audiences more variety as well as bringing out the creativity in sound engineers!
According to BigSwingFace, the BSF Tenor Trombone addresses the need for playable, dynamic solo and ensemble trombone parts usable in professional arranging and composition. The BSF Tenor Trombone library is available online for purchase at for the introductory price of $59.95 (purchasing the product in full will cost you $79.95). It requires NI’s Kontakt 5 for it to function.
This library features famous talent from the music industry, providing their skills and experience in the live sound. Famous names such as the trombonist Eric Alexander have contributed to the creation of this product. The BSF Tenor Trombone library was recorded and programmed with new and innovative features to bring natural expression and playability to horn section recordings:
- Recorded with vintage ribbon microphones for classic warmth and clarity
- More than 1200 individual samples
- All sounds and articulations are available without patch changes
- Has a distinct 2nd and 3rd trombone patches for section parts allow to avoid duplication of samples on unisons
- Poly patch for playing chords
- Multiple key-switched attack articulations
- Multiple dynamics of all articulations, carefully matched to their natural volumes
- Natural legato samples for smooth lines
- Key-switched staccato with 4x round-robin
- Genuine long and short swells that can be adjusted in length with MIDI controllers
- Controllable vibrato, slides, scoops and pitch-variation
- Two speeds of naturally recorded falls that can be adjusted in length
- Natural lip-trills
- Pedal or wheel-controlled crescendo and decrescendo
- Selectable air-stop or hard (tongued) stop
- Velocity-scaling page to customize touch response
- All performance parameters can be automated with MIDI controllers
The BSF Tenot Trombone is bundled with a C.L.A.M.S Virtual Stage interface. This allows the placement of each instrument in its natural location, which averts the use of any unnatural “pan pot” mixing. As a result, this allows every instrument in a virtual ensemble to occupy a unique position in the soundstage for realistic group sound.
There are not comments yet. Be the first one to post one!