RØDECaster Pro recently got an update by RØDE Microphones. It is the company’s fully integrated podcast production studio that helps musicians, audio users and personalities to produce their live sound, then producing their own home recording.
RØDECaster Pro had a sound and technology update February. Following that update, which introduced multitrack recording via USB, the 1.2.0 update expands the RØDECaster Pro’s multitrack capabilities, enabling multitrack recording direct to microSD, and other useful upgrades.
With the new update, RØDECaster Pro released these new functions that are featured in the 1.2.0 firmware update:
- Multitrack recording to the on-board microSD card: polyWAV file format, stereo live mix + individual sources
- Updated companion app: offering more user-friendly file handling
- The option to pause during a recording
- Updated color-coding on the record button: green – armed, red – recording, amber – paused.
- The RØDECaster Pro will now record 14 tracks to the on-board microSD card. These tracks are the same as if you were recording multitrack via USB to a DAW:
- A stereo ‘live mix’ track
- A mono track for each of the four microphone inputs
- Stereo tracks for the USB, 3.5mm TRRS, Bluetooth and sound-effects-pad channels.
The new upgrade of doing multitrack to SD recording can be activated in the ‘Hardware’ > ‘Advanced’ section of the RØDECaster’s menu, alongside the existing multitrack to USB feature. Additionally, the RØDECaster Pro also now offers the option to pause a recording at any time. It can be done by simply pressing and holding the record button for two seconds. Tapping the button will resume the recording while pressing and holding again will end the recording.