TASCAM has developed products for every segment of the sound and music industry for over 30 years, from the high-end audio professionals in major post-production studios to the novices and hobbyists at home. They are a company who have committed themselves to providing customers groundbreaking audio/video solutions that enhances creativity by using sound in ways that are as exciting as they are accessible.
In short, they provide the tools that translates users’ creativity into reality. And recently, TASCAM introduced SD-20M.
And on January 21st of this year at their booth in Anaheim, CA, TASCAM announced the SD-20M, a user-friendly solid-state recorder at an affordable price. The 1U rackmount includes a pair of microphone preamps with phantom power for direct microphone recording. Both the mic inputs and line inputs can be recorded simultaneously in four-channel mode. The dual recording mode captures a copy of your audio at a lower level, as insurance against distorted takes.
SD-20M includes a power backup system using AA batteries which enables the recorder to keep recording for hours in case of power loss. You can attach a wired remote or footswitch to control the recording and playback. Variable speed playback allows the playback to be changed without affecting the pitch.
TASCAM’s SD-20M is a flexible, affordable solution for long-form recording, perfect for schools, house of worship and conferences.
- Four-channel solid-state recorder
- Two microphone inputs with phantom power on XLR – 1⁄4″ combo jacks
- RCA stereo line inputs and outputs
- WAV or MP3 recording formats supported
- AA battery backup – keeps recording even after power loss
- SDXC media slot supports up to 128GB cards
- File divide feature
- Dual recording function records a copy of your audio at a lower level for a distortion-proof safety track
- Variable speed playback changes speed without changing the pitch
- Simple user interface
- 1/4″ stereo headphone output
- Remote jack for wired or footswitch control
As TASCAM is in its fourth decade in the music industry, they plan to leave a mark in history. With a great amount of dedication, TASCAM will continue to provide for their long-time customers the technology they need to make their ideas and concepts come true, and to continue working to build trust with new loyal followers. They will keep their eyes and ears open so that they can discover what musicians and industry professionals need, and then provide it to them while listening to their feedback. That’s the TASCAM way.
The SD-20M currently has an estimated street price of $249.99 and will be available on May 2016.